Sunday, March 29, 2009

Could you please pass the....lamb butter?

Has anyone else seen the lamb-shaped butter for sale at the grocery store?  It kind of creeps me out.  
I looked it up, and it turns out that lamb-shaped butter is sold by a company named Keller during March and April, turkey-shaped butter is sold in October and November, and Christmas tree-shaped butter is sold in December.  I also found out that this making lamb-shaped butter is a tradition for many people celebrating Easter.  I have never heard of this!  Am I alone in thinking this is odd?  Have I somehow just missed the boat on this one?

Check it out for yourselves, and let me know what you think!  


2 comments:

  1. Hey again! Check out my favorite blog(besides yours of course) thepioneerwoman.com She is so funny and has great recipies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold Brew Coffee
    1 Cup ground coffee
    32 ounce container (1 quart)
    Strainer
    Large basket type coffee filters
    Place ground coffee in container, fill with cold water. Cover and let sit for twelve to fifteen hours. Place strainer over large bowl and put coffee filter inside. Slowly pour over about half of the coffee and let sit until strained. Replace filter and repeat.

    To make regular coffee: place equal parts coffee concentrate and water in cup and heat.

    To make iced coffee: Place equal parts concentrate and milk in glass. Add ice, sweetened as desired. You may find my preference for iced coffee a bit strong for you so leave room to add some water to weaken it if need be!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    This has been a very busy week at home with the kids and their activities. I hope to get caught up on emails and comments this weekend! Thank you all and have a fabulous Friday!

    Gratefully,

    Christy

    A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour.

    ReplyDelete