Monday, March 16, 2009

Tale of the Traveling Peanut Butter Muffins

IMG_2415.JPG

Right now I'm on a five-day trip to Captiva Island, Florida with three young children (two 6-year-olds and a 4-year-old) so I decided to bake a snack for the trip before I left. I chose peanut butter muffins because they travel well, they're kid-friendly, and they are somewhat filling. Oh, yum! I made a good choice.
I'll post the recipe soon, but for now here are a few photos.


IMG_2386.JPG
The batter was super good. I couldn't stop eating it!

IMG_2404.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG
IMG_2421.JPG
I discovered that if I served a little blueberry jam on the side I ended up with a grown-up version of a PB&J. It was super tasty.

One thing I really like about the peanut butter muffins (aside from how easy they are to make) is their versatility. They aren't super sweet so they lend themselves to savory dishes as well as sweet spreads or toppings. They would be really good served alongside a curry dish or noodles with a peanut sauce. As a surprise element I might even throw them in a basked of mixed bread to serve at a dinner party.
They aren't flashy, but they're definitely good to have on hand. The kids loved them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment